Septone Rust Converter
Rust Converter is a concentrated phosphoric acid base and is used as a pre-painting treatment for converting surface rust (iron oxide) into iron phosphate. This forms an ideal base for further protective coatings.
RUST CONVERTER may be used on the following surfaces:
- Rusted galvanised roofs or surfaces
- Ornamental ironwork
- Structural steel
- Automotive panels
- Rusted nuts, bolts and hand tools
FEATURES & BENEFITS
– Suitable for use on variety of materials.
– Phosphoric acid based.
– Creates ideal base for protective coatings.
- Using a wire brush or coarse sand paper, remove all paint, flaking rust, loose scale & dirt.
- Apply Wax & Grease Remover to remove all grease, oil & bitumen etc.
- Apply Rust Converter undiluted by brush or spray. Allow 15-30 minutes to react.
- Once treated, wipe over surface with cloth dampened with water.
- Immediately wipe over with a second cloth dampened with methylated spirits.
- Wipe with a clean, dry cloth.